Assortment Planning Specialist
Company: West Marine, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Assortment Planning Specialist is a key driver in the
execution of assortment changes, the preservation of Assortment
Planning system maintenance and integrity, namely VMS and SLIM, and
the improvement of internal programs or process methodologies. The
Assortment Planning Specialist supports the Assortment Planning
Manager and performs various duties in the absence of the Manager.
The Assortment Planning Specialist is accomplished in performing
day-to-day tasks, is skilled at adapting to dynamic project
priorities, and comfortable providing valuable recommendations
regarding, but not limited to, assortment analysis, especially in
the pursuit of sales, margin and inventory optimization. The
Assortment Planning Specialist must also have a zeal for learning
new tools, programs or systems and enthusiasm for their successful
- Manage the daily updates and maintenance of the Visual
Merchandising System (VMS). Ensure that all responsibilities
pertaining to Plan-O-Gram creation and validation occur accurately
and on-time. Ensure the accuracy of Store/POG assignments. 20%
- Conduct analysis of assortment productivity at the Plan-O-Gram
(POG), Department and Store levels to provide specific
recommendations for Remodels, Re-Assorts, and New Product Rollouts
(NPRs) based on Store/assortment performance. 15%
- Assist in the development and optimization of best practices
for tools, metrics, and the successful execution of Assortment
Planning project goals. 15%
- Review and evaluate field requests for assortment changes.
Partnering with field, merchandising, and visual teams, analyze the
estimated profitability (sales, margin, inventory, expense)
associated with the assortment change. Present analysis and
recommendations to stakeholders and negotiate outcome. 20%
- Support the Assortment Change, NPR, New Store, Remodel and
Relocation processes thru timely action and execution 20%
- Assist in the documentation and preservation of accurate
Assortment Planning Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) 10%
Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of corporate retail experience or the
equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in finance, business or related field is
- Equivalent work experience is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of PC and mainframe computing applications including
Excel, and Query400. Experience with JDA MMS is strongly
- Must have an excellent ability to gather and interpret
information as well as develop solution-based recommendations.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and resourcefulness
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, planning,
and interpersonal skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented and able to work in an ever
evolving fast-paced environment.
Keywords: West Marine, Inc., Watsonville , Assortment Planning Specialist, Other , Watsonville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!