Company: SEIU 2015
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Organizers help workers form, build, and grow our union; assist
workers to negotiate and enforce their union contracts; mobilize
workers around worksite issues, politics, public policy, and other
issues affecting the lives of workers; develop rank-and-file
leadership among workers; and carry out all other programs of the
union in the field. SEIU Local 2015 organizers may be assigned to
work as internal organizers working with and on behalf of workers
who are already in unions; or as external organizers working with
and on behalf of workers who are in the process of building a union
for the first time.
- Form, build, and grow their union
- Participate in their contract bargaining and
- Organize and mobilize around work site issues, political,
legislative and policy goals.
- Develop their leadership potential
SEIU Local 2015 organizers may be assigned to work as internal
organizers working with and on behalf of workers who are already in
unions; or as external organizers working with and on behalf of
workers who are in the process of building a union for the first
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and work under
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to be an active listener and engage in
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to hold oneself accountable to goals and
- Basic computer literacy
Experience and Education:
- Previous experience in union organizing is highly
Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership recruitment and COPE (Committee on Political
Education/) recruitment. This is seen as a primary duty of an
organizer, with COPE contribution/membership indivisible from
membership recruitment goals.
- Assess, identify, and recruit workers to be activists and
- Assist in conducting basic member trainings and facilitating OC
/ Chapter meetings.
- Make, execute and evaluate daily, weekly, and monthly work
plans based on assigned goals and objectives.
- Learn about how the long term care industry functions and is
funded, the industry employers, and the role of the National Labor
Relations Board and PERB plays in the industry.
- Develop plans around various goals including membership, COPE,
activists and leader recruitment and mobilizing and organizing
members for key union activities.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Keywords: SEIU 2015, Watsonville , Organizer II, Other , Watsonville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!