Company: Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About the Opportunity
This position will report to the Technical Grower. The focus of
this position will be irrigation and fertility applications
including installation and repair of the irrigation system. Other
tasks may include but not limited to lysimeter tracking, fertilizer
mixing/application, material ordering, monitoring overall plant
health, soil sampling, pest trap counts, assist with special
* Work with technical grower for irrigation strategy and timing.
Responsible for accurate execution of irrigation applications
* Work with technical grower to develop fertility program.
Responsible for accurate execution of fertilizer applications
* Routinely clean and maintain irrigation system and injection
equipment (filters, valves, leaks, flushing tape, checking
pressure/drip tape during applications, etc.)
* Under direction of the Technical Grower lead installation/removal
of irrigation systems as needed
* Monitor and maintain fertilizer inventory. Work with technical
grower to order fertilizer when necessary
* Assist the Technical Grower with oversight and execution during
special project design, installation, and daily/weekly management
of such projects.
* Maintains a safe and professional work environment by complying
with all Driscoll's policies and trainings in pesticide
application, irrigation, safety, etc.
* Ensures the security of all Driscoll's proprietary and
* Performs other duties as assigned, related to agricultural
operations. Including but not limited to: soil sampling, lysimeter
sampling, pH and EC monitoring, pest trap counts, etc.
* This job description is intended to describe the general nature
of work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive
list of all the job's responsibilities at Driscoll's
This position may be asked to work with multiple berry types as
well as multiple test plot sites. This position may be asked to
assist the farming team with many different tasks as needed.
* Ability to work well with supervisors and employees at a ranch
* Ability to work independently.
* Must be punctual and arrive to work at the scheduled hour.
* Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings
and weekends as needed.
* Must be able to work in a field setting that requires being in a
standing position for an extended period of time with frequent
* Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
* Irrigation/fertilizer application experience.
* Experience with basic repair and installation of irrigation
* Ability to calculate simple conversions ex: pints to gallons,
pounds to ounces, feet to meters, etc.
* Ability to read work orders and accurately interpret application
* Adheres to company values and mission.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must have valid Driver License.
Keywords: Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc, Watsonville , Irrigation Technician, Other , Watsonville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!