Retail Sales Representative
Company: Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About the Opportunity
The purpose of the Sales Department is to execute on
go-to-market strategies to grow and strengthen the berry category
for our Customers. Driscoll's success in the berry industry relies
on our Sales Representatives ability to work cross-functionally
across Demand Management, Supply Chain, Transportation, Product
Leadership Market Development and Marketing to optimize revenue and
product distribution in supply exceeds, and demand exceeds markets.
A strong Sales Representative at Driscoll's has a pulse on market
dynamics and can work in a fast-paced environment to execute on
short-range sales plans based on Driscoll's internal sales
strategies to ensure customer service and enterprise profitability.
Sales Representatives are responsible in making timely and
strategic decisions and demonstrate strong communication skills to
navigate conversations at multiple levels from junior staff to
This role will report into the Director of Retail Sales.
- Sales Representatives must work autonomously and
collaboratively and are accountable to execute customer sales plans
as dictated by internal customer strategies and market dynamics in
the short range.
- Analyze customer purchase behavior trends and market dynamics
to demonstrate forward thinking to provide strategic input to
short-range sales plans.
- Leads conversation on price and volume offered based on
short-range supply forecast.
- Partners with Customer Development and Omni Channel to
recommend and execute promotional activity that improves retailer
berry category sales and aligns with Driscoll's distribution and
- Manages both national/regional customer price and volume
expectations through high/ low supply periods.
- Manages operational challenges through critical thinking and
strong ability to ask probing questions that generates solutions
for both customer and Driscolls.
- Accountable for Accounts Receivable and Invoice Adjustment
processes that directly impact sales revenue and grower
- Works with multiple stakeholders (order entry to customer
receiving) to ensure smooth transaction process. Understands steps
required and stakeholders needed to correct problems that may
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and people-first
attitude, adapting to different personalities and preferences both
internally and with customer procurement teams.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with others at all levels or
organization from providing guidance or information to junior
talent as well as executive leadership.
- Is willing and able to manage all aspects of the transaction
process from customer engagement to administrative tasks which can
include order entry, transaction research, report generation,
- Driscoll's works in a highly collaborative environment. Sales
Representatives work with Supply Chain, Product Leadership,
Transportation, Demand Management, Market Development, Market
Insights, and other departments as required to execute sales plans
in alignment with Customer strategies.
- Deliver on our Annual Operating Plan by supporting the category
planning process and defining mutual category goals and plans
shared by the Customer and Driscoll's, facilitate the execution of
those goals in partnership with Market Development, and provide a
positive return on investment for our Growers and Customers
- Partners with Market Development and Demand Management to
facilitate Customer conversations to manage expectations around
supply volume and price from the mid-range to short-range planning
- Sales Representative is engaged in helping manage and improve
the sales planning process and system improvements on an as needed
basis. Example: Experienced Sales Representatives will be asked to
test new sales platforms and find issues that would affect the
sales transaction process.
- Represents Driscoll's in an ethical and business-like
professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers,
suppliers, customers, and the business community at large.
- Ability to use internal systems Basic DAX, iTrade and other
customer order platforms
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word,
- Ability to work through flexible work environments as the job
requires: in-office, virtual, in-field, etc.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or 5-10 years successful
agricultural sales experience, berries preferred but not
- Strong understanding of grocery retail price strategies,
merchandising, and supply-chain.
- California driver's license and the ability to be covered under
company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally
- Strategic Mindset: Looks toward the future and designs a way to
- Cultivates Innovation: Finds, champions, and implements
innovations; large or small.
- Plans & Aligns: Establishes priorities and desired outcomes,
and creates plans to achieve them.
- Drives Results: Pursues everything with energy,
resourcefulness, and the need to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborates: Works with a variety of colleagues, inside and/or
outside of Driscoll's, seeking win-wins solutions.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a motivating work environment and
- Develops Talent: Actively seeks opportunities to develop one's
self and others.
- Courage: Tackles difficult issues timely with optimism and
Keywords: Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc, Watsonville , Retail Sales Representative, Other , Watsonville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!